This recipe is adapted from here.
2 chicken breasts, cut in cubes
2 potatoes, cut in cubes
4 tomatoes, cut in cubes
4 teaspoons oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
¼ teaspoon asafoetida
¾ teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¾ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon garam masala
¾ cup chicken broth
Salt to taste
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Sauté the garlic and chicken until the chicken is cooked on the outside, then set the chicken aside.
- In the same pot, heat 2 additional teaspoons of oil, then sizzle cumin seeds and asafoetida for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric, coriander, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Stir well and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes. Stir well and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and garam masala, stir well.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.